The term ‘V4L Particles Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 59-60 Thames Street, Windsor SL4 1TX. Our company registration number is GB 4363 009. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- V4L Portal Credits allow time limited access to a digitally streamed software product and as such, once purchased, there is no statutory right to a 14 day cancellation and refund period.
- The only permitted use of V4L software is according to the V4L software license agreement.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
V4L PORTAL CREDITS ALLOW TIME LIMITED ACCESS TO A DIGITALLY STREAMED PRODUCT AND AS SUCH, ONCE PURCHASED, THERE IS NO STATUTORY RIGHT TO A 14 DAY CANCELLATION AND REFUND PERIOD.
The only permitted use of V4L software is according to the following software license agreement:
V4L SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
V4L Particles Ltd. hereby grants a non-exclusive non-sub-licensable right to use the V4L CADET Software (hereinafter referred to as "the Software") based on the below conditions. Please read these conditions carefully before using the Software.
IF YOU CANNOT ACCEPT THE CONDITIONS BELOW, YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO USE THE SOFTWARE. IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THE SOFTWARE, THIS WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE BELOW CONDITIONS.
1. SINGLE-USER LICENSE.
1.1 The purchase, on the V4L website, of a credit to use the Software constitutes a single-user license and shall only be used for training of a single user in wear debris particle analysis.
2. USE OF THE SOFTWARE.
2.1 A single-user license allows a single individual to use the Software on a single computer.
2.2 The Software shall only be used for training in wear debris particle analysis. Any other use is a violation of this agreement and V4L Particles Ltd. intellectual property rights, and will lead to legal action.
2.3 The Software shall not be subjected to reverse engineering, disassembling, de-compilation, or other attempts to discover any source code, underlying ideas, algorithms, files, file formats or programming interfaces, unless expressly granted by law.
3. COPYRIGHTS TO THE SOFTWARE.
3.1 V4L Particles Ltd. retains the ownership of and all intellectual property rights to the Software, including but not limited to patents, copyrights, design rights and know-how. V4L Particles Ltd. rights are protected by international copyright laws, other applicable intellectual property laws and international treaty provisions.
3.2 The Software shall not be altered, modified, adapted in any way, nor copied, lent, rented, leased, sub-licensed or otherwise transferred by the user, unless expressly granted by law.
4. NO WARRANTY OR SUPPORT
4.1 The Software is provided "as is”. V4L Particles Ltd. makes no warranty, representation, promise or guarantee, either expressly or implied, statutory or otherwise, with respect to the Software, user documentation or related services, including their quality, performance, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
5.1 The Software may not be completely free from errors. Users are requested to verify their work and make backup copies, and V4L Particles Ltd. will not be responsible for their failure to do so. In no event will V4L Particles Ltd be liable for indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of these conditions or out of use of the software, including, without limitation, damages or costs relating to the loss of profits, business, goodwill, data or computer programs, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. In any case, V4L Particles Ltd’s liability shall not exceed the amount paid for the license to the software.
6.1 This agreement shall be governed by and construed according to British law, without reference to its choice of law provisions. Any disputes (with respect to any matter) arising out of or relating to these conditions shall be finally settled under the rules of arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce, set in Britain by three (3) arbitrators appointed in accordance with the said rules.
7. IN GENERAL
7.1 This is the entire agreement regarding the Software. No waiver or amendment to this agreement shall be effective unless expressly stated in this document, or otherwise in writing and signed by the parties.